Find Children's Services Near You

Use the map below to find service locations near you.  You can use the search bar and search by radius. Click on the location for more information and directions.

Children's System of Care

The Children’s System of Care including contracted Medi-cal providers, provides mental health and substance abuse services and the resources necessary to promote wellness and recovery for Kern County children and their families. Kern County Mental Health provides services that are consumer centered, racially and culturally appropriate, flexible, with a focus on individual/family’s strengths, to promote positive peer and professional relationships, and incorporate each individual/family’s natural support system within the treatment process.  

Services may include, but are  not limited to:

  • Screening / Triage 

  • Assessment

  • Psychiatric Services 

  • Medication Management

  • Medication Support

  • Psychological Testing

  • Individual, Group, and/or Family Therapy 

  • Psychoeducation 

  • Individual/Group Rehabilitation Services 

  • Social Skills Groups 

  • Targeted Case Management  

Evidence based treatment services such as Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Functional Family Therapy (FFT), and Aggression Replacement Training (ART) may be provided to some families.  All services are provided in the client’s preferred language. 

If you need immediate care for a child,

contact our CRISIS HOTLINE at 1-800-991-5272

Help Me Grow Kern

Kern Behavioral Health & Recovery Services is proud to work with First 5 Kern on its Help Me Grow Kern program. It aims to increase developmental screenings for children across Kern County as well as provide linkage to needed services in our community.

Click here for more information or visit


School Resource website gfx.jpg

To add an extra layer of support as our students head back to the classroom, click here check out what behavioral health and substance use services KernBHRS has available for local school districts. 

For more information on any of these services, click here.

Programs / Information

Presumptive Transfer (AB 1299) *

Request for services for

Out of County Foster Care Youth

Non-Kern County Foster Youth that are placed in Kern County by another County (of Jurisdiction) may access specialty mental health services through the request for a Presumptive Transfer.  


Placing Agency for the County of Jurisdiction should submit their request of Presumptive Transfer within (3) business days of the decision to place a foster youth outside of the County of Jurisdiction.


Presumptive Transfer may be requested by Placing Agency by contacting Kern BHRS Care Coordination Unit Desk at (661) 635-1340 or at cell phone number at (661) 410-9772 or by email at

Click Here for the AB 1299 Form


*Presumptive Transfer: 

Assembly Bill 1299 (Ridley-Thomas, Chapter 603, Statutes 2016) established Presumptive Transfer, a policy to improve the timely and effective provision and payment of specialty mental health services to children in foster care who are placed outside of their counties of jurisdiction by transferring the responsibility for the provision and payment of specialty mental health services to the county of residence.  Discussions regarding presumptive transfer should occur with the child and his or her parent, with the Child and Family Team (CFT) members, and in consultation with other professionals who serve the child or youth and be based on meeting the child’s needs as appropriate.